Each year, Putauaki Charitable Trust provides grants which aim to support the Educational endeavours and the Health and Wellbeing of both its Shareholders and their Descendants.
DISCRETIONARY & COMMUNITY GRANTS
The purpose of these grants is to support the Individual and Organisations within the Te Teko Community to enable them to pursue activities for their own benefit and for the benefit of the Community. All grants considered will be at Trustees discretion and are available throughout the year.
Written applications will be received with attached supporting documentation
BOARDING SCHOOL & SECONDARY SCHOOL GRANTS
Owners and Direct Beneficiaries in the Trust may apply for a grant to assist with:
- Boarding School Fees - applicants must be enrolled in Years 9 or above at a recognised Boarding School
- Secondary School Fees - applicants must be enrolled in Years 11 or above
Grants are available - February each year
The purpose of these grants are to encourage individual involvement and achievement in Tertiary Graduate level Education. From this grant, Students have the incentive to progress to Scholarships requiring higher levels of achievement. The grant promotes relationships between Tertiary Education, Beneficial Owners and Maori Communities.
Applications will be considered from persons who are Shareholders, or descendants of Shareholders, and who are enrolled as a fee-paying student in a TEC recognised Tertiary Institution.
(If you are unsure whether or not you are a Shareholder or Descendant, please contact the Office, or visit Maori Land online - the Block Reference is Lots 1-2 & 3 DPS 608053)
Payment of Grants will be made in two equal instalments, the first upon approval of the grant, and the second upon verification of certified results from the Institution for the current study period.
Grants are available - 1st April of each year
Grants Close - Mid May
The purpose of the Health Grant is to promote and support the health and well-being of Beneficial Owners.
Health Grants are a one-off payment of up to $600 per annum and are divided into two categories:
- Kaumatua Health Grants - available to Shareholders and Beneficiaries aged 60 years and over to assist with the costs of purchasing new prescription glasses, dentures or hearing aids. Trustees may consider other Health conditions.
- Travel Health Grants are also available to Shareholders and Beneficiaries to assist with travel and accommodation for those requiring to travel outside of the area to receive Specialised treatment and also for followup appointments. The amount of the grant will be at the Trustees discretion
- These grants are available throughout the year
Kaumatua Health Grant Application Form
Health Travel Grant Application Form